Thursday, December 01, 2011

Subjectivity...

"Sandy walking with Agar" a chromogenic print by Hunter S. Thompson.
It was taken in Big Sur during the 1960's but printed much later. A found gem that was part of the GONZO portfolio collection shown at M+B gallery.


I WANT, WANT, WANT the above photo.
Sadly, I can't have it (because it is very rare and very expensive). But my mind will not set it free. The moment I saw it hanging in a friends office I have been obsessed. Funny how that happens. To me, that is what art is all about. You see it and can't shake it. I happen to love photographs (large photographs) but for others it might be a painting or a sculpture. A "Piece" that captures your soul and you could look at all day long.


Jesus and Elvis on velvet, circa 2011

To each their own...


No comments:

Post a Comment