Saturday, August 21, 2010

Into Africa...



I am absolutely in love with these shots from the new Louis Vuitton catalog. I have renamed the campaign "OUT OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA: The Seaton Girl goes to Africa." Taken by Carter Smith, they are so beautiful. But they got me thinking...


I wonder if, like me, when I was in Africa, she is currently hallucinating because of the anti-malaria pills she is taking? I wonder if, like me, she is wishing the world would stop spinning, the nausea would go away and that she could eat a cheeseburger to make her feel better?


I wonder if, like me, she was thinking every minute, "Is that strange bug on my leg poisonous?" I wonder if, like me, she is currently wishing that she was in Africa with anyone but the guy she is with? I wonder if, while laying on this beautiful blanket she was thinking, like I was every second, "Will I be eaten by a lion or a cheetah today?"



I love photos. P.S. I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVED Africa...Seriously, best trip ever! Especially the beaches in Kiwayu and Lamu (You had to know I would fit the beach in somewhere)!



1 comment: