Thursday, August 12, 2010

People keep asking...


"What are your summer must-haves?". So I started thinking about what summer means to me, what the first things I pull out from the back of the closet are, what I run to the drug store for right before Memorial day and what I like to eat to keep me feeling great in my bikini (don't worry...I won't bore you with carrots and celery sticks).

Clothing wise, the first thing that comes out of storage are my Levi's jean shorts (circa. 1980-ish). These shorts have been mended and patched so many times that I wonder if any of the original threads are still there. I wear one of my 5 pairs at least every other day!!
They are my summer version of the perfect jean.

I wore them to a gallery opening with a sequined coat. To the beach with a tank. And to a cocktail party with heels, a tight turtleneck and lots of long girly necklaces.

The best part is when I see current styles that sell for near/over $100! Let's do the math...if my original pair of Levi's were $14.99...then they are now paying me every time I wear them!. By the way, this little math exercise is what allows me to buy a pair of shoes for...let's just say NOT $14.99.

More "Must-haves" to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment